You probably don’t know about that but we use Digital Ocean for most of our services! The thing about digital ocean is that it allows us to quickly deploy or websites and manage our server fleet. Here is some additional info about the company.
Introducing DigitalOcean App Platform: We are excited to announce that DigitalOcean App Platform is now in General Availability. App Platform is a modern platform as a service (PaaS) offering that makes it even easier to build, deploy, and scale your apps. You can deploy code by simply pointing to a GitHub repository and App Platform will do all the heavy lifting of managing the infrastructure, app runtimes, and dependencies for you. App Platform supports many popular languages and frameworks like Node.js, Python, Django, Go, PHP, Laravel, React, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Gatsby, Hugo, static sites, and Docker.
We built this product on a shared Kubernetes platform, which means you get the power, scale, and flexibility of Kubernetes without dealing with any of the underlying complexity.
App Platform runs on DigitalOcean’s infrastructure, which keeps costs low – not only when you start, but also when you scale your apps. There are three pricing tiers: Starter, Basic, and Professional. The Starter tier is ideal for static sites, as you can build and deploy 3 static sites for free (each additional static site will be charged $3/month). The Basic and Professional tiers are suitable for dynamic apps.
We hope you’ll try App Platform to deploy your web apps, websites, and APIs. You can check out the docs, learning resources, and a sample app for an RSS feed aggregator for more insights to the platform. And here are the repos for the frontend and API to help you get started.
See more updates in the latest products and features blog post.
New Blog Posts
- How startups can overcome obstacles in their cloud journey: Learn how DigitalOcean can solve some of the common business and technical challenges that startups face.
- This month we released Tania Rascia’s new eBook, Understanding the DOM, which is free for the developer community! Learn the powers of the Document Object Model to support your web development tasks in the book, which you can download as a PDF or EPUB.
- How To Deploy a Scalable and Secure Django Application with Kubernetes will guide you through building, scaling, deploying, and securing your cloud native app.
- If you’re just getting started with cloud computing, or know someone who can use extra guidance, our conceptual article, A General Introduction to Cloud Computing, provides an introduction to the history, features, benefits, and risks of cloud computing.
Have you considered writing a tutorial that will help others in the developer community? Check out our Suggested Topics for Tutorials to see what our Editorial team is looking for!
- Top 10 Security Practices for Protecting Yourself and Your Infrastructure
October 29, 11:00 a.m. ET
From firewalls to user privileges and access controls – this talk will not only explain the how, but also dive into the why of common security practices.
- Securing Your Kubernetes Cluster From Threats
November 3, 11:00 a.m. ET
Explore known vulnerabilities in Kubernetes, potential risks, and best security practices to follow while designing a Kubernetes cluster.
Watch the Recording
- Building an API Gateway to Get Out of the Monoliths
Learn how to scale to dozens of microservices while still keeping the monoliths alive.
- Handy Linux Networking Tools and How to Use Them
Scenarios on leveraging favorite Linux networking tools for introspecting, troubleshooting, and examining network state.
This year, we’re bringing DigitalOcean’s team, products, and community to your home office (or couch). Introducing deploy, a 24-hour global developer-friendly conference. With over 80 tech-focused sessions, developer chat rooms, and a relaxation track, there’s something for everyone.
It’s your community, brought straight to your laptop. Sign up to grab your virtual seat!
|Lastly, there are only 3 more days left to participate in Hacktoberfest and contribute to open source! Get your pull requests in before the October 31st deadline to earn a limited-edition tee or – plant a tree in the Hacktoberfest Forest.|
Here is some additional info from our sponsors.
List of services available in our virtual office and coworking:
- Virtual Office Krakow
- registration address
- virtual registration address
- virtual secretariat
- conference room
- desk for hours
- legal services